It is Thursday!!!

Just one week till Thanksgiving! I can't wait ! Looking forward to great food and all the family being together. Remembering the days of my youth when my Grandmothers and Uncle George would come to dinner. My Mother would have a gorgeous table set with lots of wonderful food. After dinner everyone would have dessert and coffee. Aww, what sweet memories! I miss those days. Now that my children have grown I keep the same traditions in my home. I still prepare food just as my Mother did and make the her Orange Cake and Cranberry Relish. Those are two of my favorite holiday dishes!

A few years back we had an old fashion Thanksgiving in Pocahontas County at Cass, WV. My Son rented a renovated Cass house and my brother, sis in law, my husband and I took all the food. It had a beautiful old fashion wooden table. We filled it up with the yummiest food anyone could ever want!

Please feel free to share you holiday memories!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Almost Pumpkin Time

It has been to long!
Laptop is back.......Now on to some fun times in Mary's Kitchen! 

April 2012 I opened up The Merry Baker!
It has been fun, crazy and full of excitement!
It is a pastry/bistro shop offering pastries, salad, soups and sandwiches made from our homemade bread.  Our pastries are made from scratch with old family recipes.  Most popular is the homemade Cinnamon Rolls which was my Grandmothers, Eva Higginbotham's recipe.  It was handed down to me from my Mother, Gladys Sheridan.

I have a lot of wonderful family members that made it all possible.  Brothers, Sisters and Children all a huge part of the business.

Now to continue.......

It is almost fall again.   I have started with Pumpkin Cake in the Pastry Shop! Soon it will be filled with all the sweet smells of the Spicy scents of Fall! Not to mention all the Pepperoni Rolls that will be going to Gritts Farms for the Corn Maze!

As you can tell I Love Fall!!!!!!!

Stay tune and hold on to your hats for some Fun and Flavorful Treats!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment